[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: osmic@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: OSMIC
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:05:44 +1000
- In-reply-to: <19980414175023.A19192@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Gossamer on Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 05:50:23PM +1000
- References: <19980414175023.A19192@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 05:50:23PM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
> Here's the finished code for the next version. It's the same to the
> outside user, but the code's neater and faster and shorter and
> better commented :)
OK, here are my notes on your changes and on future work required:
* Goss should credit herself for changes
* Check why "require 5" removed; reinstate?
* (Opcode database = Edit Decision List)
* Should there be a separate EDL for each primedia stream?
* Should the server keep a primedia stream open where possible for efficiency?
* Life of a connection? Should use persistent connections, or if not, UDP?
* Discard null insertion in both client and server
* Other null operations?
* No plus sign on version zero - it's not retrievable.
* Always use "E view", but highlight current version with character attribute?
* Map deletion operation to "delete" key
* Show pointer splits (marks) in material window, not just pointer window
* Allow unmark (shift-tab?)
* Terminate insertion (and do save) on window close or exit
Share and enjoy,
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511